Luke McCormick, the former British goalkeeper was born in Coventry during 1983. The actual origins associated with his profession bore a strange familiarity to that of a Hollywood movie. Followed meticulously by way of Sky Sports news, McCormick started out his job during the 2003- 2004 season as the backup for Romain Larrieu. Stepping up to his position, McCormick received seven consecutive clean sheets and also proceeded to set a brand new club record. The Plymouth Argyle supporters also voted him the most promising player of the year. He was then dispatched on loan to Boston United of League Two in October 2004, by Bobby Williamson who was then the Plymouth Argyle manager.

He then transferred to Leicester City F. C together with Ian Holloway, the former Plymouth Argyle Manager. His career chart rose steadily and regularly from then on and McCormick provided amazing shows in the closing games in 2007-2008 season.

The cloud settled on his occupation when in June 7th, 2008, Luke McCormick ended up being arrested on suspicion involving causing death by dangerous driving whilst he was on his way back from a former team mates wedding ceremony. The Central Motorway Police Group, that was responsible for arresting McCormick, reported McCormick’s Range Rover collided along with a Toyota Previa resulting in the passing away of Aaron as well as Ben Peak of ages ten and eight respectively.

The actual driver in the car was the children’s father who had been seriously hurt and also has to be taken to the Hospital Of North Staffordshire. It was then discovered that he received sustained multiple fractures in the neck, ribs and his back and his lungs were also swollen. Another three people in the Previa were treated for modest injuries.

He had been charged along with two counts of death caused by dangerous driving, driving together with alcohol inside his bloodstream and also driving without having insurance coverage by the Staffordshire Police the following day. On June 9 he was presented before the Fenton Magistrate Court and ended up being granted conditional bail. On June 16 he showed up before the Stroke-on-Trent Crown Court where the charges regarding driving without an insurance ended up dropped towards him. This case was ultimately tried in October 2008 while he ended up being sentenced to seven years and four months of jail term.

Sky Sports news reported that Luke McCormick pleaded guilty on the charges registered against him. The quantity of alcohol found in his bloodstream was twice the permissible drink and drive limit. McCormick admitted to have gotten asleep over the wheel that night which resulted in the terrible accident.

The aftershocks of the event started when on 22nd July, 2008 Plymouth Argyle terminated Luke McCormick�s contract of goalkeeper within a month from the crash. It had been informed to all media people as well as Sky Sports News that this contract had been terminated on mutual agreement. He had also been terminated with Plymouth in the beginning of the month and had been asked to not show up at the actual pre-season training.

Conflict continues to surround Luke McCormick even today. He created a storm the moment his prison team officials sent a new request towards the south Devon League to ensure that he could perform in the Division Two side. Within a review within Sky Sports news it had been observed that a few South Devon League officers were displeased with this particular request because they feel that McCormick should be punished for his deed and not be allowed to spend some time playing football.